This sermon covers the passages covered in the previous week’s readings. We read Mark 5:14-6:6 during those daily bible readings. This sermon looks at the cord of belief & unbelief that runs through each of these accounts.
- The Demoniac of the Gadarenes
- Jairus’s Appeal
- The Woman with the Issue of Blood
- Jairus’s Daughter Raised from the Dead
- Jesus’s Hometown
Through each of these accounts, you can see:
- Faith to leave Jesus, confront your past and tell what Jesus did for you.
- Faith to lose your own pride and self-worth to fall at the feet of Jesus to beg for help.
- Faith to fight through the noise and crowds of life just to brush against Jesus.
- Faith to trust Jesus with our families
- Faith to believe that He is who He says He is.
How is your faith right now? We can see ourselves in most if not all these stories. Especially in this season. It’s easy to have faith when everything is smooth. True faith is required in seasons of doubt, discomfort and fear. That’s when real faith shines.
Much of what we receive from God is dependent on our faith.
If you would like to read along with us, click here.